13 May 2014

MID MONTH FAVOURITES

I was a little late on the favourites train this month so I decided to make this post a bit of a mid-month/current favourites mash up...

Topshop's 'Keen" Nail Varnish £5.00 - I featured this in my Spring nail varnish post last week. I mentioned how I usually tend to stick to 'standard' polish colours but something drew me to this one and it is love. The pastelly shade makes it nice and easy to wear, nothing too Wicked Witch from the West. Generally everyone Topshop nail varnish I've tried has been brilliant. The shade range is huuuge, they're foolproof to apply, last really well and to top it off the packaging is really cute.

The Body Shop Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil £10 - I'd read quite a bit about the sister product to this but something made me add the oil to my basket. I'd never tried a cleansing oil before this and prior to first application, I did feel like I was a about to rub a load of vegetable oil on my face, gross. After giving it a go, my doubts were proved wrong. I use this to remove the bulk of my makeup, I take around two pumps (extra brownie points for the pump and not an awkward, messy pouring bottle) slap it straight on to my face it and massage it in. It dissolves all of your makeup so effortlessly and quickly. It's also super gentle, I can rub it on to my eyes and all of my mascara literally melts away. And 100ml for a tenner, bargain.

Primark - Back in the day I used to hate Primark, I never understood peoples love for it. It made me think of cheap see through leggings, clothes all over the floor and strange graphic tee's. However after watching numerous hauls on YouTube, I think I've been converted. Granted if you attempt to go in on a Saturday afternoon you will be greeted with a crazy jumble sale but if you manage to find a quiet hour or so to pop in a have a rummage through, you can find some real gems. One of my favourite recent purchases is a navy laptop style bag, a near enough exact copy of the Zara Office City bag and for only £12.

Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation £8.99 - As you know, throughout April I was on a makeup spending ban. This meant having a chance to took back through the many foundation bottles I was hoarding in my collection. Last summer, this foundation barely made it a day without being applied to my face until one day a new one came along and it just got shoved to the bottom of the pile. I'd forgotten how lovely this foundation is, it gives a lovely medium but natural looking coverage and a really gorgeous dewy glow. It works really well with the Wake Me Up Concealer, together they really brighten up my face especially on super early mornings!

Hope you're having a lovely week, my first exam is in three weeks eeeekkk. Do you have any exams coming up? - If so, good luck!

Kathleen xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment