27 May 2014

CURRENT MORNING SKINCARE ROUTINE


I haven't posted any skincare related things yet, so here we go. Here's the lowdown on my current morning skincare routine - evening one coming later in the week!

My skin is what I'd call typical 18 year old girl skin. It's combination, with the majority being pretty normal and an oily t-zone. My skin is also prone to the odd family of blemishes and does get dehydrated from time to time.

I start with a pump of the Liz Earle Grapefruit and Patchouli Cleanse & Polish (sadly this one was limited edition, but you can find the classic one here) and massage that all over my face, then remove with a warm muslin cloth - which my friend found hilarious, she thought it was a hankie the first time I whipped it out. I then take a small bit of the Liz Earle Instant Boost Skin Tonic on a cotton pad and swipe that all over my face, it feels so nice and refreshing after washing your face with the warm cloth. I always receive lots of Liz Earle bit and pieces for Christmas from family so for ages my skincare stash is always a bit Liz crazy. 

Next I use the La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo +, I've done a full review of this product already so I won't waffle on too much about it here. But it's basically a serum which helps blemishes and marks. Sometimes this is it and I go straight on to lips but for days where my skins looking a little dull, I use the St Tropez gradual tan moisturiser. This has a really nice lightweight formula, which sinks in to the skin really quickly meaning your makeup won't by sliding all over the place by 12pm. It just helps to put a little bit of life and glow back in your skin - great if you've had a late night.

Finally for lips, I use the Lush Bubblegum lip scrub just get rid of all the flaky bits (that sounds so gross). I take small amount on my finger, then just buff it in and remove the excess with the muslin cloth I used earlier. My lip treatment of choice recently has been the Burt's Bees lip balm which is really moisturising, it also smells really minty and fresh which is why I really like using it in the morning.

Kathleen xxx 

1 comment:

  1. I really need to try the lush lip scrub
    http://emhasrednails.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete