6 January 2014

LAZY EVERYDAY FACE - DRUGSTORE EDITION




Hello everyone, this is my first proper post - so I'm very excited, I hope you enjoy reading it! P.s for anyone wondering what the 'drugstore' it's just the American version of what us UK lot call the highstreet.

I was going to call this post just the 'Lazy Face' till I realised these products have been my go-to for the past month or so. This being the result of opting for an extra ten precious minutes in bed rather than spending it on looking half acceptable, oooops.

For the base, even though this is a natural look I still like to have a decent amount of coverage. I've been using the Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation which unlike most foundations has a slight fruity smell to it making it strangely refreshing in the morning. To make me look a little more awake than I actually am, the Rimmel Wake Me Up concealer is great and claims to provide a radiant glow - I just pop it under my eyes to brighten up that area. I then go on to use the Rimmel Professional Eyebrow Pencil pencil through my brows to add a bit of shape and definition, this is ultimate lazy day product for when using a powder is too much of a fuss.

For adding a bit of colour back in to my face, I use the bronze shade in the Sleek Face Form Palette which as you can see I have just hit the bottom of, sigh. I just sweep it under my cheeks and across the sides of my face (super technical, I know). Recently I picked up this GOSH blusher in the shade Flower Power, which is a beautiful light pink shade. GOSH is a brand I've never really looked at or used before but I decided to give it ago after seeing Tati from GlamLifeGuru raving about it. (click to go over to her Youtube channel). I also am a total sucker for the Boots and Superdrug 3for2 offer. I just use a small amount of the blush, using an fluffy angled brush and apply it to the apples of my cheeks.

For finishing off the look, I apply a few coats of the Maybelline Rocket Mascara to my top and bottom lashes (after giving them a quick curl). Then finally apply a lip balm of choice, I'm currently using one of the Baby Lips from Maybelline in 'Hydrate'.

What products do you reach for on lazy face days?

Kathleen xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment